The St. Ursula Academy Concert Choir, under the direction of Ms. Wen Chin Liu, has been selected to perform at the prestigious Carnegie Hall in New York City in March 2013.
The American High School Honors Performance Series at Carnegie Hall challenges elite students to perform at their very best. Students rehearse and perform under master conductors and have the opportunity to perform before invited representatives from collegiate and professional music programs. Though much of the student’s time is focused on performance preparation, the week also allows students to experience the best of the sights and the performance arts in New York City.
Although thousands of high school music programs audition for this opportunity only a small number are invited to perform.
Highlights of the 2013 5-day program include:
- Perform in the Honors Performance at Carnegie Hall under the direction of renowned conductors
Dr. Eph Ehly, Jeffrey Grogan, Sharon Lavery and H. Robert Reynolds
- Rehearse and interact with other Finalists from across the United States, Canada and select international schools
- Be heard by collegiate music programs invited to the performance
- Participate in a music seminar featuring an industry professional
- See a Broadway Show, attend a nationally televised morning show and experience New York!
SUA Concert choir members will be holding various fundraisers to help pay for their trip to New York City.